Check here for the work you missed in class! Updated Daily/Weekly.
Wednesday, September 19: Roots (week 1). Complete in-class writing assignment (last two pages of unit 1). Hand in paragraph, grid, and rubric.
– HOMEWORK: Read!
Tuesday, September 18: Terms (Motif). ACT Aspire (must be made up by 9/21). Work on Grid.
– HOMEWORK: Finish Grid for tomorrow. Read!
Monday, September 17: MUGS #2. Work on the grid following “The Scarlet Ibis.” Needed for Wednesday in class.
– HOMEWORK: Read your books!
Friday, September 14: (Due: Questions for “The Scarlet Ibis”) NoRedInk Diagnostic. You need to get logged in and set up your account. See the home page for the instructions.
– HOMEWORK: Read!!
Thursday, September 13: Library day! Check out a book and bring it tomorrow!
– HOMEWORK: Read!! Fill out your pacing bookmarks and get started. “The Scarlet Ibis” questions due tomorrow.
Wednesday, September 12: Pick up “Roots” handout as a reference. Read “The Scarlet Ibis”. Answer the questions (1-7) – due Friday.
– HOMEWORK: Finish questions 1-7 for Friday.
Tuesday, September 11: (Due: Questions 1-8, “The Necklace”) Literary Terms – Theme. Discuss some questions from the story. Take notes on writing.
– HOMEWORK: None!
Monday, September 10: (Due: Introductory Paragraphs) MUGS #1, Read the short story “The Necklace.” Answer questions 1-8 at the end.
– HOMEWORK: Answer questions 1-8 at the end of the story.
Friday, September 7: Review questions for “Thank you Ma’am.” Review Introductory Paragraphs (1st page of writing handbook). Assign writing paragraph (page immediately following questions for short story).
– HOMEWORK: Write an introductory paragraph in the accurate format for the short story “Thank You Ma’am.” Due Monday.
Thursday, September 6: PICTURES! Get the Unit 1 Packet then read “Thank you Ma’am” and answer the questions.
– HOMEWORK: Finish the questions for “Thank you Ma’am.”
Wednesday, September 5: Root Kahoot online (review of Greek roots). Assemble binders for class.
– HOMEWORK: Email due tomorrow (see Tuesday). Picture day tomorrow.
Tuesday, September 4: Finish “Power of Punctuation” notes. Go over Email Netiquette (get notes from classmate).
– HOMEWORK: Write one email for one scenario – due Thursday 9/6/2018. SUPPLIES/SYLLABUS DUE TOMORROW.
Friday, August 31: Syllabus review and Power of Punctuation notes
– HOMEWORK: Signed syllabus and supplies due 9/5/2018. Get notes from a classmate and complete exercise.
Thursday, August 30: First day of class! Welcome back!
– HOMEWORK: Complete “You Are Here” worksheet for tomorrow.