Oh yah – I tried a video recording! Enjoy this WELCOME VIDEO!
Today is day 3 of the closure and your last day of “freedom.” Starting tomorrow, teachers will be posting lessons and starting to interact with you online. There are several platforms for this; we will be using Schoology. All will be entered through Clever.com though. Below, you will see a link to an overview of what to expect over the next week and a half. Below that, you will see the instructions for Schoology Login. YOU ALL NEED TO GET SIGNED UP THEN COMPLETE THE QUIZ (A FUN ONE) BEFORE THURSDAY AT MIDNIGHT.
ENGLISH II Online Module – Overview of what to expect for English II classes.
English III Online Module – Overview of what to expect for English III classes.
Click on the link located on my page on Clever to get to Schoology.com.
1. Click on “Sign Up” then “Student” if you do not have a Schoology account. If you use it for another teacher, you can click “Log In”.
2. Enter the correct access code that follows. If you enter the wrong period, you will be confused!
Period 1, English III – WCZ7-4QPP-RHQHF
Period 3, English III – ND7V-MV3Q-HX9NG
Period 4, English II – KGCF-XK4D-BGK49
Period 5, English II – 3W27-85HT-5NG42
Period 7, English III – R4FD-9XWJ-NWPBG
3. Take some time to explore this platform then take the quiz. You will be graded on this. If this is not done by Thursday at midnight, your name will go to your admin and they will be contacting you.
– Work on NoRedInk practice – quiz is 3/27.
– Finish Article-of-the-Week (The New Whopper) – due Friday, 3/20
– Find an independent reading book 🙂
– Set up Schoology Account and take quiz (due Thursday at midnight)
– Tech check-out at HHS from 8-12 today. If you need a computer because you don’t have one or you share with a sibling, go in and get a Chromebook and charger.
– Lunches and Breakfasts are available at various school sites across the district. Please check the Helena District website for locations and times.
Access to Digital Books
- Through Helena High’s Library: Sign in using your library login (ID# then first and last initials): https://mslsdcmt.libraryreserve.com/10/45/en/SignIn.htm?url=Default.htm
- Lewis and Clark’s Public Library Digital Collection: https://www.lclibrary.org/236/Download-Books-Music-Movie
- Audible Accounts: Remember, you have access to free Audible accounts through the school. Contact Ms. Heaton for information on how to get signed up: email@example.com
- Amazon: If you have a Prime account, you have access to free downloads. If you don’t, there are still inexpensive opportunities: Amazon.com
If you don’t have access to a wifi network at your home, please contact:
Charter is offering free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon
These companies are also offering customers increased data access at this time. They may also offer low-cost wireless hotspot options for parents who are outside of Spectrum’s service area.