Revisions due 2/28/2018 (Wednesday)
Here are notes to help guide improvement and revisions on the social media prompt:
- What are 3 areas that social media has changed the lives of teens? What has social media twisted or flipped from when your parents were teens?
- Behavior (addiction to checking in, disconnecting from others, etc)
- Relationships to – peers – parents – extended family – strangers
- Peer pressures (more pervasive, “challenges”)
- Self-expression – acceptance of self – bullying – teens making $ – body image issues
Next, find evidence to support these claims.
- What evidence supports that these areas have truly changed?
Now, analyze your evidence and claims. These questions can guide you:
- Are the changes negative or positive?
- How have the changes impacted our world?
- What do “non-social media” adults need to know about those changes?
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
When I was reading the essays, I noticed many lacked a clear thesis. It’s hard to organize without one. I also noticed overall organization was lacking. Use the outline! Couple other tips: – Avoid longggggg quotes. – Use a VARIETY of sources to pull evidence from.