If you are gone on Thursday (5/17), here is a link to the video that we are watching in class. it is a visual interpretation of the short story “Harrison Bergeron.” You also need to answer the questions on the page I handed out in class (page “7.5”).
Here are some helpful links on literary analysis essays:
Remember, these won’t give you the answers you need to include in your essay but rather guide you on how you can organize and think about your essay. This is showing me what you understand and connections you have made within the literary work.
Here is an outline you can use:
Events at Lewis and Clark Library!
Event relating to the book The Hate U Give. Amazing!
There are many versions of this audiobook online as well. You can look up the book in its entirety or parts or chapters. Here are a couple options:
To create a writable PDF (specifically the college application):
- Find the PDF of the application online (search “universal college application pdf”)
- Download the application.
- Open the download folder. Click “Show in Folder.”
- Drag the PDF document over to your Google Drive. Drop it into “Files.”
- Click the document to open it.
- Once it is open in Google, click on “Open with” at the top.
- Click on “Connect more apps.”
- Search for “Doc Hub” then connect to that app.
- Once it is connected, click on “Open with” again and open with “Doc Hub.” Give the app permission.
- You can now type in the document using the text button (“A”).
If you are struggling, here are some samples:
https://www.conncoll.edu/admission/apply/essays-that-worked/ (Some tips then on the right are examples essays).
Read the following article to help build context for our next unit. This should be done before Tuesday, 2/20.
Enjoy the weekend!
Here is the “need to know” for the quiz on Thursday, 2/15. Don’t forget – Book reviews due 2/16!
– local color
– characteristics of realism
– Dialect, dialogue, diction
– Figure of Speech / Idiom
– Extended Metaphor (simile, metaphor, personification)
– quotation marks, formatting
Here is the link to the survey:
Access Code: 397564
Here is a link with the terms: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nm2egRmAfmJOxlF2API_h4ZjVW-gLm66E1MljGSIYos